Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Monday, October 10, 2011


Straining to live
Striving to find something just beyond my reach
I can't see ahead
The light that used lead me is slowly fading
giving way
to the falling mist
covering my tracks
so none can follow me
to find out where I am

My eyesight fades
The deafening numbness has covered the way
Loneliness aches
But feeling is the only signal of life
And this is all I get
So I'll pursue it
With all I have left
with my broken heart

my heart cries out
And it's lost in the darkness surrounding me
“This can't be life”
But it's the only way I've found to live
I must remain here
to forget the memories
that I've failed to find
the life my heart cries for


Why isn't life good enough? What more do I need
It's taken away all that I have
I can't sacrifice anymore
For this vain pursuit
I want to forget
what I want to remember
I want to release
what is keeping me alive
I'm giving it up
I'd rather live alone, than die in vain


From one mood all of my poems and songs spring from – loneliness. I wonder why. And, oddly enough, I want to be here, because it allows me to express what I otherwise could not write - Casey Allen


(I typed this in back before I left for AL, but I never published it because I wasn't sure that I wanted to. Well, granted I'm not necessarily at this point anymore, I think it's one of his better ones- so I'll publish it - Me)

No comments: