Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Sunday, October 9, 2011


I'm not finding much time to analyze here in Birmingham. But I have had thoughts run through my mind that, given that I had the time, I would think about. Here are a few that I bothered to jot down...

I wonder if I excuse myself from being thoughtful of other people by saying, “I'm just being myself – just being genuine.”

I'm a different person out here – more easygoing and less serious. And I feel like people are treating me with less respect, and not taking me seriously – like I'm less mature or realistic.

The people here are more “Christ-like” (at least for these few weeks) than many people that I come into contact with in church.

I'm content. I've realized that when I focus on other people, my own problems take a back burner, and no longer seem important. I wonder if this contentment lasts.

I've run into a lot of people. But I seldom leave someone feeling refreshed. I want to know what refreshes people – I want people to leave me feeling refreshed...



No comments: