Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Don't wait up for me

I guess I didn't quite finish my thought last night. See, I'm still thinking; still learning. And I don't feel that it is time to move on yet, I mean, I don't want to move on until I have served my purpose in one area (or until the area has served it's purpose for me). And as I think about the options I have - as far a next steps forward - I'm not comfortable with any yet; not comfortable with moving on to them. It's like I'm waiting for the fog to clear off my future and it hasn't yet. I'm not saying that I am looking for my life to be set in stone in order for me to move on, I am simply waiting to get my bearings. After being in fog for awhile you kinda need to do that; to make sure you're headed in the right direction.
I've got a lot of dreams - all the ones I threw out the window - and I am sorting through them all. God is showing me which ones are good for me and which one's aren't. And well, frankly, I still have a pile of them to go through before I am comfortable moving on. Because, if I leave here before I have them sorted, I'll just start pursuing a dream that might lead me right back to one month ago; and I don't want to do that. So, I'm still thinking and praying - sorting through my life and trying to throw out the destructive stuff...maybe it will be short, maybe it will be long,  I don't know - but patience is a virtue, ha...


And that's it really - sorting through my dreams and goals, figuring out which I am going to pursue...



No comments: