Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

I have some honest questions for my peers...

Why don't we just grow up? What is it about childhood that seems so sweet and innocent and attractive? Can't we just move on? Where is the desire for something better? Or have we been so deceived that we accept what our reality as though it is the best we could ever get? What is it that keeps us pursuing vapor trails as though we will find any security in them? Is it blindness? Is it deceit? Is it ignorance? Or is it that, given the choice, we would really rather be a slave and un-responsible than to be free and have responsibility? 

Like I said, why don't we just grow up?

P.S. It's like that. When we're slaves and children, we have no need to think for ourselves. All that difficult 
        mental work and responsibility is left to someone else. If we're free and independent, then suddenly we 
        are responsible for our own choices and that is a weight that many fear to bear. So, if I were to ask myself 
        those questions I stated earlier, my answer would be - we fear responsibility. And the reality of that 
        answer is almost more discouraging than I can bear...




Can't we please just grow up?!?!

No comments: