Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Humble pie is good

Every so often I must take back something I said, to admit that, yes, I was wrong - and the only thing that makes this worse is that I must admit that I do know the right thing to take it's place.

I want to take back what I've said about marriage and serious relationships - at least some of it was wrong, but I don't know what. All I know is that I am immature and much of my writings has revealed such, if you would happen to notice. So what am I taking back?

Affection is no reason for commitment - all that affection depends on, is who you spend your time with
Similarity is no reason for commitment - in fact, it seems God wants it to be the opposite
Understanding is no reason for commitment - A lifetime is plenty of time to grow in understanding
Convenience is no reason for commitment - God may want us somewhere else

...Anyways, whether it's of any consequence or not, I just want to make sure that what I share here be constructive input, and so I want the reader to be aware of those things that I have prematurely concluded. Oh, and I don't have anything to leave you with; except maybe, in light of this, don't take my word for granted - maybe you don't already, and that's good. I'm twenty, I'm immature and I've got growing to do; thank you for your understanding.

No comments: