Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another Sojourner

My traces in the sand are quickly erased
The blowing from the dunes leaves me without a trace
All that I've left behind and buried in the sand
Is a chapter that will be left closed - a slave so I can stand
The vacant winds will blow for now and bury what is past
And carry on the memories of what I hoped would last
Amid the dusk and faltering light I try to walk my best
Lest the wind catch up to me and bury me as the rest
On ahead I believe I'll find a haven in the sand
An oasis where I'll find some aid to carry me to land...


(I was trying different tempos, to keep from sounding monotonous. I think this one may turn out to be one of my favorites - I like how it flows uninterrupted, and all the words seem to belong - Casey Allen)

No comments: