Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011


Places of None

Sitting alone
On the floor
Enclosed by four walls and open doors
Paths lead out
But all return
The stones beneath are cold and firm
It's raining out
And dark inside
Failure producing a desire to hide
Hanging head
Tired and quiet
Dying hope discouraged the fight
Thoughts stilled
No life or cares
The last future left is to take the stairs

...this one felt like the rhythm didn't fit the subject matter – too much of a swing to it. I was trying to give it a halting, matter-of-fact, somber feeling; this is just how it came to me (I guess I just didn't want to take the time to reformat it).” - Casey






No comments: