Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Here's another...

Contemplating what I know to be
Covered beneath the shroud inside
I cannot end what I cannot start
I cannot unveil what I cannot hide

The light that enters is what I am craving
When you nudge door and slip through the crack
But a creak of the floor, or an uncertainty
And the darkness returns - the door fastens back

If I know I can't face you -to persuade you I'm fine
Or  I hear you outside and can't push you away
I'll spare my own heart - and sacrifice your's
The greater the threat is, the greater the sway

The inaudible cry is all the more urgent
The deepest rejection,  a sign of the need
But the acknowledgement of help can be painful
And it sometimes is easier to let the wound bleed

 - Courtesy of Casey Allen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cas-E,

To let the wound bleed when it is an internal wound is dangerous. you will fill with hate and despise the ones who caused the bleeding. instead, let god move and forget the pain.