Some Preliminary Thoughts

Some people build rockets, others go fishing; I just analyze things. Here you'll find "mentions" of whatever I happen to be pondering and thinking through at the moment. I hope some of this is relevant to you as well.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thoughts from the sickbed


Well I can honestly say that I never expected to actually be typing this. I mean, I've imagined what it would be like to be fighting cancer again, and all the effects it would have on me – but it was always from a dramatic perspective, like it wouldn't happen anywhere but a dime novel. But here I am, on this familiar road and I can only say that it's seems so surreal that I expect at any moment God will reveal that this is really nothing serious – It's too uncommon for me to just continue as though I saw it coming. But it is real; The swelling in my abdomen, the lose of appetite (and weight), the lack of enthusiasm, the aches and pains – it's not something that I'm just gonna walk off.
I suppose that I'm going to have plenty of time to do nothing but sit and think, and I hope that this blog will show some unique perspective in the coming months. Because it's not every day that I get to analyze my life from this point of veiw – hopefully what I share here is insightful, thought-provoking and encouraging for you readers.  

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm having a hard time with this, my young friend. much much love!